I wake up 5 mornings a week at 5am to write. Not easy, but SO worth it.
Each morning when my alarm goes off, my husband, Jed, always says “Good for you.” and it makes me smile. The results of a lot of these morning writing sessions are what I like to call “little altars” – writing prompts and meditations I then share with you.
Hi there, by the way. I’m Licia.
Writer, meditation enthusiast, trinket collector and founder of Little Altars, a fast-growing community for people who want more focus, courage, boundaries, purpose and meaning in their lives.
But you can think of me as your writing guide and meditation wife.
I promise daily writing prompts and bite-size meditations, as well as book suggestions and fun products to inspire you – so you’ll never have to google search “how to meditate” or “how to write” or “cool products for stress free living” again.
Plus there’s some really awesome community events and classes!
Looking for a new sense of sanity in your overtired bones? I’m here to help you trust yourself, your decisions and your self worth.
I’ll help you find your voice, work out the hiccups and create a future filled with clarity, that’s free of distraction and booming with joy.
I want to help you through the school pick up line, the wee hours of the morning when you’re lying in bed staring at the ceiling or scrolling through social media, when you’re on a deadline at your 9-5 or going through a tricky situation.
I want help you get through it all while providing:
- simple solutions to complex problems (you like that one, don’t you?)
- and spaciousness
Is this community for you?
It’s for you if you:
Are in the midst of a transition and feel lost and confused
Want to improve your relationships with your partner, family, friends, or yourself
Want to alleviate stress in your life
Need to get more sleep (and stop claiming you’re an insomniac)
Are searching for an increased sense self awareness
Want to create more happiness on the daily…
…And you need a little nudge that says “It’s ok. Come sit next to me. Write about it. Meditate on it. Make space for it. Then let’s see how you feel.”
Let’s get you out of your head and into your heart. Let’s help cure your stress, anxiety and the chaos of everyday living – without sedation. Let’s beat fear with LOVE. (Love in a practical, everyday way not the “sending light and love!” way. ‘Cause I mean, we’ve got to really do everything with our hearts on fire – not just lip service.)
Want to know more about me?
Here are 10 fun facts:
1. In 2015 my first children’s book, The Lemonade Hurricane: A Story of Mindfulness and Meditation was released. It went on to be a #1 best seller on Amazon and won the 2016 Maine Literary Award. And now it’s the gift that keeps on giving for parents and teachers everywhere to get the kiddos to chill! You’re welcome!
2. I went to Naropa University, a Buddhist college started by Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche in Boulder Co, and majored in Contemplative Psychology with a focus in Existentialism with a minor in Religious Studies. There was a whole lot of meditating, understanding the human condition and questioning how to fit meditation into the day to day. I also attended the Naropa University Summer Writing Program (started by Allen Ginsberg) and it was there that my writing partner told me I should write “erotic fiction” WHAT?
3. As an entrepreneur, I used to have a successful psychic business for over 10 years. I got to work with clients all over the world. It was a ton of fun and now I’m retired but I still use my intuition every single day.
4. [OK, this isn’t your typical “Fun Fact” but hey, I’m an upbeat person] In 2014 I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Melanoma, had 3 surgeries, and a chemo treatment that almost killed me but instead (happily!) I lived. The gift? I now know a lot about perspective.
5. My favey fave thing to do is to write. But I also like to talk – a lot. So here’s where I get to have a balance. Community AND Mindfulness AND Writing all in one.
6. Chocolate is my vice. I’ll go to the ends of the earth to find the most delicious chocolate bar known to womankind.
7. I’m a self-help junkie and a world-religion researcher, which means I get you all the good book recommendations to heal the soul.
8. I have a love affair with the “Thank you” gift. Showing gratitude and appreciation by sending flowers, trinkets and fun products is a hobby for me!
9. Sometimes I still have trouble calling myself a writer. But I’ve learned that as long as you’re putting down words, creating space for writing regularly, and creating anything – you’re a writer. So congrats! You’re a writer too.
10. When I hear people get all high and mighty saying writing and meditation is essentially reserved only for those willing to be Hemingways or Buddhist Monks I roll my eyes. Because in reality it’s for all of us and sometimes we just need to start with bite sized pieces.
There’s lots more coming soon. In the meantime, sign up for my weekly dispatch to set yourself up for the week every single Sunday.
SIGN UP HERE